CONVERSATIONS WITH YOUR BODY
"Feel into your Roots"
Instructors: Jackie Holtzman and Kristina Hutch Matthews
Age: Adult Class; all levels
Tuition: $75/ session, send checks to Penfield Arts Center, 2131 Five Mile Line Rd. Penfield, NY 14526 (pre-registration required).
In this workshop you will:
• Learn how our habits may have an effect on the health of our hips, knees and feet.
• Learn and participate in movements to help correct these habits and connect us to the ground in healthier ways. We will do these movements in the Penfield Arts Center studio and then take it outside for a short hike on the beautiful Honey Creek Trail.
• Collect items during the hike that remind you of your childhood experiences in nature, and create a piece of art that will serve as a reminder and connector to your roots.
• Learn how to listen to the language of your body, using the art of 'symbolic sight' and dreamwork.
• End the workshop with a meditation focused on grounding into your root chakra and bringing healing to any root issues that may have originated in the first 7 years of life.
What to bring to the workshop: wear comfortable clothes that are appropriate for the weather, and walking shoes for a hike. Bring a yoga mat and/or cushion to sit on.